"Put Me Down as a Hell No!" Sabatini Says He Would Vote "NO" on "Juneteenth", Breaking with Gaetz and Greene

• Official Post

By Chris Nelson. June 17, 2021. "Put me down as a hell no," said Congressional Candidate Anthony Sabatini when asked if he would have joined his potential future colleagues Matt Gaetz and Marjory Taylor-Greene who voted Yes to making "Juneteenth" a Federal Holiday. "Juneteenth is critical race theory plain and simple." The "Juneteenth National Independence Day Act" passed the house with a 415-14 vote in the House and unanimously in the Senate. Only 14 Republicans opposed it. The bill recognizes June 19, 1865, the day slaves in Galveston, Texas leaned they had been freed even though technically they had been free for over two years. The Emancipation Proclamation was signed January 1, 1863. The group Black Lives Matter lobbied to make Juneteenth a Federal Holiday. In an article on their website from June 17, 2020 entitled "Make Juneteenth a National Holiday" they state above a petition to make Juneteenth a National Holiday: "Join us in the movement to make Juneteenth a national holiday — a time for us to be seen and celebrated. OUR story is America’s story. OUR history is American history — and it’s time for it to be treated as such." (Read here: https://blacklivesmatter.com/m…teenth-a-national-holiday). BLM tweeted yesterday about the Juneteenth bill passing the Senate: "Yeah but do this for radical Black policy. Start by passing HB 40. We won’t be bamboozled by political theater..." HB 40 is a bill that would give monetary reparations to blacks for slavery. As a State Representative, Sabatini has firmly opposed bills that would introduce Critical Race Theory. He also showed he is not afraid to stand alone. Sabatini was the only Nay vote on Florida's budget bill for fiscal year 2021-22. "I ran for public office to reduce government, not increase it," said Sabatini. "Proud to vote no on the single biggest budget increase in Florida history."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!